Last updated: January 23, 2024
Celero Commerce, LLC (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “Celero”) collects personal information about you when you visit our website located at www.celerocommerce.com (the “Site”) or access or use our products and services, or otherwise interact with us online or offline (collectively, the “Services”). We are committed to ensuring your privacy as a customer and guest as set forth below.
Please note, depending on how you interact or engage with us we may provide other privacy notices with additional details about our information practices. For example, this Policy does not apply to job applicants and candidates who apply for employment with us, or to employees in the context of the employment relationship. This Policy also does not apply to the extent we process personal information, as a service provider or processor, on behalf of our business clients. Our processing of business clients’ personal information is subject to the terms of our contracts with each business client, who is the business or controller of such personal information that we process on their behalf.
Table of Contents
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Cookies, Analytics, and Targeted Advertising
- How We Disclose Personal Information
- Sensitive Personal Information
- Sales and Sharing of Personal Information
- How Does Celero Protect Your Personal Information?
- Children’s Information
- Rights Under Applicable Data Protection Laws
- Exercising Your Rights
- Your Privacy Choices
- How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
- External Links and Features
- Changes to This Policy
- Contact Us
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect personal information directly from you, automatically through your use of the Services, and from other sources as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
In using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Account Information. When you register to have access to certain Services available on the Site and create an account, we may ask you for personal information, including your individual identifiers such as a username, first and last name, birth date, phone number, e-mail address, and other account details.
- Financial Information. When you register to have access to certain Services available on the Site and create an account, we may collect your financial information (such as bank account information) to process payment.
- Contact Information. When you contact us or register for an account, including when you sign up with your email address or contact customer support, we may collect your contact information such as your name, email address, and any other information you may provide.
- Commercial Information: When you request any of our Services, we may collect information regarding products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Correspondence. If you send us a personal correspondence, such as an email or a letter, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. We may collect profile information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Additional Information. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
B. Sensitive Personal Information.
We may process the following categories of sensitive personal Information when you use our Services:
- Geolocation Information. We may collect or derive location information about you, such as through your IP address.
- Authentication data. To enable you to create and use your account we may process log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username, account number, and password.
- Payment Information. To process your payments we may collect debit or credit card information in combination with any required security or access code collected for purpose of processing payment for our products or Services.
- Social Security Number. We may collect it to conduct required due diligence as part of our merchant underwriting process.
When required by applicable law, we will collect consent prior to processing certain categories of sensitive Information.
C. Personal Information We Collect Automatically.
- Device and Browsing Information. When you visit our Site or use our Services, we may collect IP address, browser type, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), operating system, language, device type, referring/exit pages, and operating systems.
- Activities and Interaction Data. We also collect activity information related to your use of the Site, such as items viewed; your interactions with the Site and advertisements; date/time stamps; movements around the Site; and other activity and usage information. Site Usage Information. We may monitor and log your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address) relating to your use of the Site and/or our Services, such as when you use the Site, the information you review, the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on within the Site. This information may be used to diagnose technical problems or problems with your account or the Site in general.
- Click-Through URLs. In some of our emails, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications.
D. Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources.
In addition, we may collect and receive certain personal information from business partners; referring banks; clients and customers; data analytics providers; Internet service providers; operating systems and platforms; government entities; public databases; and vendors and service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may collect your name, contact information, and certain transaction details from referral sources, such as banks that we work with.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the information we collect from publicly available or third-party sources.
2. Cookies, Analytics, and Targeted Advertising
- Cookies. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for tracking purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, support the security and performance of the Services, or allow us to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity within the Services.
We use the personal information we collect about you as follows:
- Services and Support. To provide, operate, and maintain the Services and features on the Site, including managing your account, providing troubleshooting and technical support, fulfilling your requests, processing charges or fees associated with your use of the Services, and to otherwise run our day-to-day operations.
- Analytics and Improvement. To improve the quality and design of the Site, improve our Services and to create new features, promotions, functionalities, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing your user preferences and trends as well as your activity and communications, personalize content, analyze how the Services are used, facilitate efficiency, and access your accounts.
- Communicate with You. To respond to your questions, provide customer support, send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our Services and offerings, including the services and offerings of our affiliates. We may use this information to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site, our Services, or material changes to our Terms and Conditions and policies. We also may use personal information to send you service-related announcements, as needed.
- Marketing and Advertising. For example, to send you promotional information about our Services and the services offered by our affiliates or nonaffiliated parties that we think you may be interested in. You may opt-out of receiving such communications from us at any time by revising your account profile or using the unsubscribe link provided on email messages we may send.
- Security and Protection of Rights. To protect the Services, our business operations, and our rights and those of our stakeholders and investors, and to prevent and detect fraud, unauthorized activities and access, and other misuse of our Site, including where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety or legal rights of any person or third party, or violations of our Terms and Conditions or your customer agreement. We may use personal information to diagnose service or technical problems and maintain security, monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, and track content and users as necessary to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable laws.
- Compliance and Legal Process. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding, to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process, or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
- Referrals. Occasionally, we may disclose some of your personal information with our business partners, including other merchant services businesses as part of a referral program.
- Auditing, Reporting, and Other Internal Operations. To conduct financial, tax and accounting audits, audits and assessments of our operations, including our privacy, security and financial controls, as well as for risk and compliance purposes. Personal information collected during the underwriting process is also used for underwriting and risk monitoring purposes. We may also use personal information to maintain appropriate business records and enforce our policies and procedures.
Notwithstanding anything else described in this Policy, we may use and disclose aggregate and de-identified data related to our business and the Services for quality control, analytics, research, development, and other purposes, and we may share that aggregated or de-identified data with third parties.
3. How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes described above, under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates, Subsidiaries, and Business Partners. We may disclose the personal information we collect to our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries or our business partners.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information with our agents, representatives, contractors, and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of e-mail origination, payment processing, marketing, data analytics, and other support services.
- Third Party Marketing and Analytics Providers. We may also disclose your personal information, such as device and browsing activities and usage information, to third party marketing and data analytics providers, and other companies who provide marketing, advertising, campaign management, or analytics services on our behalf.
- Referral and Marketing Partners. We may disclose personal information to third parties we partner with for marketing and other referral services, including our partners who may offer to provide services for certain transactions.
- In Support of Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may disclose or transfer the personal information we have collected about you with or to the other company in accordance with applicable laws. We may also disclose certain personal information as necessary prior to the completion of such a transaction or other corporate transaction such as a financing or restructuring, to lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- Compliance and Legal Obligations. We also may disclose personal information to third parties to the extent required by applicable law and legal obligations. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other lawful requests by regulators, government entities, and law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements, or as otherwise required by law or legal process.
- Security and Protection of Rights. Where we believe doing so is necessary to protect the Services, our rights and property, or the rights, property, and safety of others. For example, we may disclose personal information to (i) prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to fraud, unauthorized activities and access, illegal activities, and misuse of the Services; (ii) situations involving potential threats to the health, safety, or legal rights of any person or third party; or (iii) enforce, detect, investigate, and take action in response to violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use. We may also disclose personal information related to litigation and other legal claims or proceedings in which we are involved, as well as for our internal accounting, auditing, compliance, recordkeeping, and legal functions.
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose personal information in other ways not described above that we notify you of, obtain your consent for, or that are otherwise authorized or required by law.
4. Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect, use, or disclose “sensitive personal information” beyond the purposes authorized by the applicable law. Accordingly, we only use and disclose sensitive personal information as reasonably necessary and proportionate (i) to perform our services requested by you; (ii) to help ensure security and integrity, including to prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents; (iii) to detect, prevent, and respond to malicious, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal conduct; (iv) to verify or maintain the quality and safety of our services; (v) for compliance with our legal obligations; (vi) to our service providers who perform services on our behalf; (vii) to conduct know-your-customer and credit-worthiness reviews; and (viii) for purposes other than inferring characteristics about you.
5. Sales and Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or share sensitive personal information, nor do we sell or share personal information about individuals we know are under age sixteen (16).
To the extent that our use of certain online tracking technologies are deemed to be a “sale” or “sharing” under certain laws, you can opt out of by submitting a request to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or completing our webform available on our website at https://go.celerocommerce.com/celero-notice-of-right-to-opt-out-of-sale/sharing, or by broadcasting an opt-out preference signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC). Please note that some features of our website may not be available to you as a result of these choices.
6. How Does Celero Protect Your Personal Information?
We have implemented reasonable precautions aimed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Note that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
Please be aware that emails or other messages you send to us (outside of any secure communication features provided within the Site) are not necessarily secure against interception and you should not include sensitive information in those messages. We generally will not ask for your bank account number, password, or other sensitive information in an email, and you should assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you should promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
7. Children’s Information
Our Services are not designated for children. We therefore do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of thirteen (13). In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age thirteen (13), we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
8. Rights Under Applicable Data Protection Laws
Residents of certain U.S. states may have rights and choices regarding their personal information. To the extent any data protection law applies to our collection of your personal information, this section outlines the individual rights you may be entitled to. Depending on where you live and subject to certain exceptions, you may have some or all of the following rights.
- Right to Know and Access. You may have the right to request that we confirm whether we process your personal information, disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Information, including whether we sell or share your personal information, and provide you access to your personal information we may process.
- Right to Data Portability. Where the processing is carried out by automated means, and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to request and obtain a copy of your personal information that you previously provided to us in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information to another data controller without hindrance.
- Right to request Correction of Inaccurate Information. To the extent that we may maintain inaccurate personal information, you may have the right to request that we correct such inaccurate information taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
- Right to Request Deletion. You may have the right to request that we delete certain of your personal information provided by or obtained about you, with certain exceptions and limitations as allowed under law.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale and Sharing of Personal Information. You may have the right to opt out of the processing of your personal information for the purpose of selling or sharing of your Information for cross-context behavioral advertising. You can opt out of these online tracking technologies by completing our webform available on our website at https://go.celerocommerce.com/celero-notice-of-right-to-opt-out-of-sale/sharing, or by broadcasting an opt-out preference signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC).
- Right to Opt Out of the use of Information for Targeted Advertising and Profiling. You may have the right to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You may have the right to request that we limit the ways we use and disclose your sensitive personal information to uses which are necessary for us to perform the Services, or deliver the goods reasonably expected by you, or and as authorized by law. As noted elsewhere we do not use or disclose your personal information other than for the permitted business purposes outlined above.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You may have a right to not be discriminated against in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights in this section including denying goods or Services, charging different prices or rates for goods or Services, or providing a different level of quality of goods and Services. However, we may offer a different price, rate, level, quality, or selection of goods or Services, including offering goods or Services for no fee, if you have exercised your right to opt out or the offer is related to your voluntary participation in a bona fide loyalty, rewards, premium features, discounts, or club card program.
- Right to Disclosure of Direct Marketers. We do not disclose your Personal Information to Direct Marketers. However, to the extent we disclose your personal information to third-parties, you may have a right to know the categories and names/addresses of third parties that have received personal information for their direct marketing purposes upon simple request, and free of charge.
- Right to Appeal. You may have the right to appeal our denial of any request you make under this section. To exercise your right to appeal, please submit an appeal request via the information in the Contact Us section below. Within the certain timeframe of receipt of your appeal, as proscribed by the applicable law, we will inform you in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to your appeal, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decisions. If we deny your appeal, you may contact the Attorney General or another authority which we will help you identify.
9. Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of the rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us via the methods described below. The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected information, or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, if you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we will take steps and may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. Only you or, as permitted by certain data protection laws, your authorized agent may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above). You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Celero Commerce, LLC, 100 Westwood Place, Suite 200, Brentwood, TN 37027
- Submit an opt-out request using the link https://go.celerocommerce.com/celero-notice-of-right-to-opt-out-of-sale/sharing.
10. Your Privacy Choices
- Update Your Personal Information With Us. Celero gives you an option for modifying or removing your personal information from our records. To update, modify, or delete the personal information that we have on file for you, please edit your account profile information. However, please note, that while you may remove your personal information from the Site at any time, you acknowledge that we may retain the personal information necessary to provide our Services, including processing payments and managing your account with us. We may also retain archived or cached copies of your personal information.
- Marketing Communications. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. Please note that you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at (844) 423-5376.
- Opt-Out of Cookies. You can review or change your preferences for many cookies on our Site, other than those that are necessary, by adjusting your cookie settings through our cookie manager on our website.
- Browser Signals. If our Site detects that your browser is transmitting an opt-out preference signal, such as a “global privacy control” (or GPC) signal, we will apply that to opt that browser on your device out of targeting cookies on our Site. If you come to our Site from a different device or from a different browser on the same device, you will need to apply GPC for that browser and/or device as well.
- Industry Ad Choice Programs. You can also control how participating third-party ad companies use the information that they collect about your visits to our Sites and those of third parties, in order to display more relevant targeted advertising to you. For more information and to opt out of receiving targeted ads from participating third-party ad networks go to aboutads.info/choices (Digital Advertising Alliance) (You can also download the DAA AppChoices tool in order to help control interest-based advertising on mobile applications installed on your mobile device).
- Browser Settings. To prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our Site or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. You can also delete cookies. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to delete cookies. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse the Site, but some features may not function.
11. How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Celero may retain your personal information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, legal, or audit purposes. Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others on the Services or with social media sites.
12. External Links and Features
In an attempt to provide increased value to you, we may also choose to link to and connect with various third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites or features is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We have no control over these linked websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third parties, including their collection of your personal information. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site, and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. These linked sites, services and tools are only for your convenience, and you therefore access them at your own risk. Further, any linking with any other website is neither an endorsement of that website nor any of the products or services that may be offered by them.
13. Changes to This Policy
14. Contact Us
- By Mail: Celero Commerce, LLC, 100 Westwood Place, Suite 200, Brentwood, TN 37027
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org